Both boys went in for their doctor's check-ups yesterday. I'll do a separate post for Dylan. Luke is almost 5 months but with scheduling, his 4-month check-up had to be a little late. Same with Dylan's 4-year check-up!

I was a little hesitant to have them do their appointments on the same day, knowing they would both need vaccines and not sure how Dylan would react, or if seeing Luke cry after his would make him more apt to get upset as well. But luckily, Dylan only needed one shot and he did fine since I told him it would be just like when he had his flu shot when he was a rockstar. He even didn't resist the finger poke and blood draw. Luke was the unlucky one, needing four shots. But he was a trooper too and only cried for a few minutes. Overall, it was a successful trip and I was all nervous and anxious for nothing. Afterwards, we stopped at the newer frozen yogurt location and had our first taste of self-serve froyo. Where have I been? So yummy and a fun experience to select your own flavor of yogurt and then pick toppings!
I was guessing that Luke would be in the higher percentile for weight since he's such a chubber. But he was only at 64% for weight at 17 lbs 2 oz and 69% for height at 26.25 inches for his 4-month check-up. He's in 6 months clothing and even some of those sizes are snug!
He's been rolling over like crazy. Once he got the hang of it, he hasn't stopped. And ever since that first day he rolled over, he's been sleeping on his stomach. The second I put him down to sleep, he rolls right on over. It's been a challenge at night for his sleeping as he just moves around so much now. He's all over the place getting limbs in the railings and bonking his head on the headboard. I've had to do a little bit of sleep training I guess you could call it since he's been waking up so often due to moving himself about and getting stuck or wedged up against the crib. So I've had to keep his door closed to prevent myself waking up each time he grunts or fusses a little bit as he re-situates himself.
He's generally a very smiley and happy boy. I love him to pieces and it's been getting harder and harder to leave him for work. I could just snuggle and kiss him all day. He can be kept entertained by toys he can chew on, watching Dylan and now hanging out in the exersaucer.
 |
| Sleeping like a baby |
 |
| Fave friend, Sophie |
We had gotten the go-ahead to start baby cereal after his last check-up the week or two prior to this visit but I'd been going back and forth as to when I wanted to start him on foods and what type. He has been very interested in eating. Grabs for my food and water bottle as often as he can and in general seemed like he wanted to eat. I tried some rice cereal about a two weeks ago. He slobbered most of it out and made the funniest faces at the taste of it. The next night, I let him try some avocado that we were having with dinner. He liked that a lot better. Still only had a few bites. The last two nights, I've given him baby oatmeal and he seems to prefer that over the rice cereal. I'm not sure how much actual makes it into his stomach at this point since he plays with it in his mouth and the first night, ended up spitting most of it back up. But overall, he's enjoying trying something to eat. He liked holding and chewing on the spoon tonight.
.JPG) |
| Uhh, what is this? |
Comments
Post a Comment