6 months



Age: 6 months (August 17)

Weight: 18.5 pounds per home scale

Length: 27 inches

Milestones:
-Sits up un-supported, usually not for too long as he finds something he wants and goes for it.
-Seems close to crawling. Manages to push up on his hands and gets up on his knees, but then ends up moving backwards instead of forwards. Also will push up into "plank" position.
-We'll be starting purees in the near future. Just got a Baby Brezza on loan and am excited to make some baby food!

Notes:
-He grew hair! Must have been all the sun on vacation, worked like fertilizer. It seems to be darker blonde like Dylan's.
-So active. Won't stay put on the floor, on your lap, reaches for any and everything, legs always kicking, always looking around. We have to be very aware of anything within his reach, including hair, earrings, food, drinks, etc.
-Has consistently been sleeping through the night with only one wake-up. On average, he will wake up sometime in the 4-o'clock hour but it can vary from 1am-5am.
-Naps in his crib most of the time. The week prior to vacation, I had him napping in the Pack 'N' Play to get him used to sleeping in it so now he's fine sleeping in either that or his crib.
-Like Dylan, hasn't become too attached to a pacifier. He'll suck on it on occasion, but usually will yank it out of his mouth and would rather chew on it or the pacifier strap. Lately, I haven't even been clipping his binky strap on his clothes since he's fine not having a binky most days.
-Still no teeth
-It is insanely difficult to capture a good photo of him! He WILL NOT look at the camera. And then IF he does, he won't be smiling. Which makes my obsession of taking his picture very difficult. If I try to take some photos, I always end up drenched in sweat from dancing/waving toys/making obscene noises trying to get his attention. And that's on top of having to re-position him constantly because he moves the second I place him where I want him. Hence why my blog posts are so few these days. It's too much work to take photos! And then have a second to upload them, edit them and get them onto a post.
-Diaper changes, bath time and clothes changes have become a speed race since he doesn't want to lie still! I have to have something ready to hand to him to keep him occupied so he won't immediately roll over. Bath time is down to a few minutes for the same reason. He instantly wants to roll over onto his stomach and tries to crawl. He's had a few face fulls of water yet still tries it. So I basically let him roll over once I've cleaned his front, then wash his back and take him out. No more leisurely, relaxing baths for this guy.

6 month comparison
Dylan on top
Luke on bottom







Yes, this is the typical expression I get from him...

Handsome brothers

He was chatting with Dylan while I was trying to take pics







Sorry for the insane amount of photos. Like I said, it's hard to find time to upload and edit and post!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!