7 months
Age: 7 months (September 17)
Weight: 18 lbs 13 oz at Doctor's appointment last week
Length: 28.5 inches
Milestones:
-Crawls! Started moving via the "worm" method over Labor Day weekend (6.5 months) and then this past Friday, figured out it was much faster if he used his hands-Pro at eating. Eats purees and baby oatmeal 2-3 times a day. Started out eating one serving (one cube of frozen puree) and now eats two cubes. Also likes Baby Mum-Mums.
-This past month he sat in his first restaurant high chair and now rides in the shopping cart baby seat
-Slept for 12 hours straight one night (but has yet to repeat that). At least I know he's capable of going that long!
Notes:
-It seems like so much has changed with him since last month. He's all over the place, and is fast! And he's just a doll. I think this stage has been my favorite. He's so expressive, and ready to greet you with a smile at all times. I love just watching him explore and try things out.
-He's wearing size 3 diapers. He has been since our Sunriver vacation. I didn't want to go and purchase a big box of the size 2's seeing that they were fitting a little snug so I brought along some size 3's that we already had. And just kept him in those. And surprisingly, size 3's seem to already be getting snug.
-Even though he seems to be thinning out, he's very long. I think it's his legs that have the most length. His car seat will fit him until he's 29", as long as his head is less than one inch below the top. He has a good 3-4 inches from the top of his head to the edge of the car seat, but his legs are already hanging off the edge. Same with his clothes. He can wear 6 month shirts and onesies but needs 9 month pants and pajamas and the 9 month romper I put him in today fit fine from shoulder to crotch but the pants were a little short
-The purees he's tried so far: Apples, Bananas, Peaches, Pears, Prunes, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Mangoes, and Avocado. I have them all stocked in the freezer and just grab a cube or two for each meal and mix and match and then add some oatmeal if it needs thickening up. He's enjoyed everything we've tried so far! *Update since I first typed this: he's up to three cubes a meal now!
-One of the negatives is that with all the solid food, he poops. A lot. Almost every diaper change. Great for him, bad for me.
-Has a set of lungs on him. Not necessarily used for crying (though on occasion) but for happy screaming. He and Dylan have screaming contests back and forth, one wails, then the other replies. Pretty funny, but man, they both can make your ears ring.
![]() |
| Luke's bouncy seat flip escape |







I can't believe how quickly this has happened, that he is 7 months. :( He IS a doll, love him.
ReplyDelete