Food
We are well into solids/purees now. It took him a few weeks to successfully figure out how to move the food around in his mouth and swallow it but now that he's mastered it, he loves to eat!
I started him with apples about a week after he turned 6 months old. He was getting oatmeal two to three times a day so I began with adding apples for lunch and keeping with cereal for breakfast and dinner. No surprise that he liked them, and Dylan too! Now I'm making huge batches each week since Dylan asks for applesauce for lunch and dinner too. There's just so much satisfaction having both my kids love something so healthy (I bought Organic Pink Lady apples) that I made for them, even though it's so much work!
Shortly after apples, he started having some troubles with pooping. So I was glad to discover an unopened pack of prunes in the pantry that I purchased while pregnant and promptly steamed 'em up for him. Took care of the poop problem in no time!
Next was Sweet Potatoes and then this morning, he got Mangoes for the first time. So far, he's liked them all. Usually what I do is mix his oatmeal with apples or prunes for breakfast, then sweet potatoes for lunch and then cereal and any of the above for dinner along with some Baby Mum Mums! I also have been giving him frozen banana in the mesh feeder, but only if he's not having tummy troubles. Bananas seemed to contribute to his constipation. I also have given him little bits of avocado and pear at dinnertime. I have a stock of carrots in the freezer that is next up on the list. I'm kind of holding off on peas and beans since I've heard most kids don't like them and it takes a bit of time before they'll eat them. So I'm planning to stick with what he's had so far and maybe add those in a week or two.
I'm really loving the Baby Brezza that a friend loaned me. It's so easy to use and actually really fun too!
He also loves water. Anytime I have my water bottle in hand, he squeals and grabs for it. He chugs it out of his sippy cup too. Dylan loved water from the get-go as well.
His typical feeding schedule right now:
6:45am-8am Breastmilk. Depending what time he wakes up or if it's a work day for me or not
8:30am Cereal/Fruit
11am-noon Breastmilk
1pm Fruit/Veggie
3-4pm Breastmilk
*Snack on occasion of banana or Mum Mums
5-6pm Cereal/Veggie or Fruit, Mum Mums
7-7:30pm Breastmilk
3-5am Breastmilk
He typically goes 4-5 hours between breastfeeding. And then within an hour of breastfeeding, I feed him cereal or purees. I was telling Joe that I feel like I'm constantly feeding him! Either that or cleaning up after feeding him.
I started him with apples about a week after he turned 6 months old. He was getting oatmeal two to three times a day so I began with adding apples for lunch and keeping with cereal for breakfast and dinner. No surprise that he liked them, and Dylan too! Now I'm making huge batches each week since Dylan asks for applesauce for lunch and dinner too. There's just so much satisfaction having both my kids love something so healthy (I bought Organic Pink Lady apples) that I made for them, even though it's so much work!
Shortly after apples, he started having some troubles with pooping. So I was glad to discover an unopened pack of prunes in the pantry that I purchased while pregnant and promptly steamed 'em up for him. Took care of the poop problem in no time!
Next was Sweet Potatoes and then this morning, he got Mangoes for the first time. So far, he's liked them all. Usually what I do is mix his oatmeal with apples or prunes for breakfast, then sweet potatoes for lunch and then cereal and any of the above for dinner along with some Baby Mum Mums! I also have been giving him frozen banana in the mesh feeder, but only if he's not having tummy troubles. Bananas seemed to contribute to his constipation. I also have given him little bits of avocado and pear at dinnertime. I have a stock of carrots in the freezer that is next up on the list. I'm kind of holding off on peas and beans since I've heard most kids don't like them and it takes a bit of time before they'll eat them. So I'm planning to stick with what he's had so far and maybe add those in a week or two.
I'm really loving the Baby Brezza that a friend loaned me. It's so easy to use and actually really fun too!
He also loves water. Anytime I have my water bottle in hand, he squeals and grabs for it. He chugs it out of his sippy cup too. Dylan loved water from the get-go as well.
His typical feeding schedule right now:
6:45am-8am Breastmilk. Depending what time he wakes up or if it's a work day for me or not
8:30am Cereal/Fruit
11am-noon Breastmilk
1pm Fruit/Veggie
3-4pm Breastmilk
*Snack on occasion of banana or Mum Mums
5-6pm Cereal/Veggie or Fruit, Mum Mums
7-7:30pm Breastmilk
3-5am Breastmilk
He typically goes 4-5 hours between breastfeeding. And then within an hour of breastfeeding, I feed him cereal or purees. I was telling Joe that I feel like I'm constantly feeding him! Either that or cleaning up after feeding him.
| My first batch of baby food! |
| Banana in the mesh feeder |
| Prune-face |
| Happy eater |
Comments
Post a Comment