8 months
Age: 8 months (October 17)
Weight: 20.5 lbs per home scale
Length: 28.5 inches
Milestones:
-Pulls himself to standing. And is quite the daredevil, will let go with one hand and most recently both!
-Teeth! He got three (one on bottom and two on top) all within a week. And then another on top this past weekend. The last upper one is on the horizon of erupting.
-Clapping and saying "yay" while he does it
-Waving
-Eating some finger foods: crackers, small pieces of bread, Cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts
-Dropped his crib mattress down when he started pulling himself up
Notes:
-I was fine when he turned 6 months, okay with 7 months. But 8 months? My baby is growing way too fast! And he just won't slow down. He's determined to be just like his Big Brother. He's mastered so much and changed so much in this past month. He went from having zero teeth to four teeth. From the "worm" crawl to full on speed-crawling. From sitter to stander. And he needs to transition out of his infant car seat very soon. Too much change for this Mama!
-Wearing size 9 month clothing. And Robeez shoes pretty much daily since he slips around too much when standing if he's in just socks
-Affinity for eating paper. He tries to sneak to the pile of magazines and eat them. Even when I'm quick and catch him right away, I'll often spy a wad of chewed-up paper in his cheek later.
-Developing some separation anxiety. He will follow me into the kitchen or anywhere I go and gets upset when I leave the room. But it also means that when I return after being away from him, I am greeted with a squeal of delight and he'll speed-crawl over to me. I also love that he will put his arms up to be picked up when I go over to him. It's so nice to feel needed and missed!
-He's a very determined kid. Once he learns something new, he quickly masters it in no time. He was a speedy crawler days after he figured it out, figured out how to get back down from standing in a few days time and learned to clap in a day. Which scares me when he figures out how to walk. It's going to get crazy around here.
-I've absolutely loved this stage. He's just so happy and loves being able to get around on his own. He's so smiley and expressive. Joe and I have both noted how much more chill he is than Dylan was. And Dylan was pretty chill. He's mostly only fussy if he's hungry, tired or teething. But who wouldn't be, right?
| When he first started to pull up on things |
![]() |
| See my teeth?? |
| And then all the way up! |
| Wresting Dylan for his snacks |
| Let me out! |



Comments
Post a Comment