Point Defiance Zoo

I really wanted to make another visit to the zoo before summer was over but we just didn't get around to it. Hoping to try some new things, I thought it would be fun to head down to Tacoma and try out the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, especially since Dylan loves sharks. I organized some others to come with us and we all (my Mom, brother, sister and her boyfriend) piled into my car and headed down. We were unlucky and got stuck in miserable traffic on top of Luke crying almost all the way there, so the trip down wasn't so much fun. And the weather called for sunny and hot and it turned out to be cold and overcast.

BUT, we did end up having a fun day any way! The best part by far is the aquarium. It's not really a big zoo, just a handful of animals. So the aquarium is the best part. It has so many more big fish tanks than even the Seattle Aquarium so I'd say it's worth the trip just for that! I loved the shark tank, could watch those big guys all day. The other highlight for me was watching Dylan ride a camel! I totally would have done it too, had Luke not been napping in the Ergo.

Ahh, they were eaten by a shark!


Ooh, fishies!

Under the Sea













New Stingray Cove










Easy rider



Polar Bear butt

Arctic Fox


Auntie Laura

Kyle and Luke


Red wolf






Feeding goats


After seeing basically everything, we packed up and headed back to my parent's house for a birthday BBQ for my sister, whose birthday was the day before. We plan to go back, not sure when, but Dylan insists that Joe go and see the sharks. And I agree! It's a great experience. Maybe we'll get to go again when my sister's boyfriend does the swimming with sharks experience! If you are scuba certified, you can get in the shark tank and swim with them! And he is, so he said he'd do it. We'll see, Kyle...



Luke playing with Toby

Make a wish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!