10 months

As you can see, the only way to keep him in the chair is to occupy him with a snack. This was also the least blurry of the five pictures I was able to capture before he was about to crawl off the edge. I cringe at the thought of  having to attempt these photos for the next two months. The past three have been hard enough!


Age: 10 months (December 17)

Weight: 21 pounds (per home scale)

Height: 29 inches

Milestones:
-Steps! Takes one, sometimes two steps on his own. He has really good balance and is capable of standing on his own for very long periods of time. Seems to be getting so close to walking. Can also stand from a squatting position without assistance.
-Says "Num num" (which makes sense since he LOVES to eat)
-Shakes head "no". The first time he did it was super cute. We were in the car headed out and Dylan asked me if he could have some gum. I glanced back to respond and Luke was shaking his head "no"! I said, "Sorry, Luke says no!" (But gave him some anyway) Now he does it all the time. Usually when you ask him a question but sometimes just because he likes to practice.

Notes:
-His napping has gotten better. For the past few weeks, he's been taking longer naps, was taking two 2-hour naps. Until he started teething again recently. Those darn teeth!
-Has been wearing 12 month clothing now. Still fits into select 9 month sizes but the larger size seems to cover more. He's inherited our long legs, arms and torsos so going up a size makes for more roomier outfits.
-Big eater. It seems like he's ALWAYS eating. If it's not nursing, it's snacks, pouches or baby food or stealing bites of whatever we're eating. He's basically willing to try and eat everything. The only things we really aren't giving him yet (per the pediatrician) are egg whites, cow's milk and all the super choking-hazard foods like grapes, apples with skin, etc. He loves dinnertime because I let him sit on my lap and I share whatever I'm eating. He's sampled pot roast, baked potatoes, minestrone soup, grilled cheese and pasta just to name a few. It's such a stark opposite from how Dylan was. He still nurses about every four hours but does so for a much shorter duration. Sometimes he just eats for five minutes before he's distracted and done. It's made for keeping up my supply a little harder. I've been having trouble pumping at work and only getting 3 ounces at a time. I still send three 5-6 ounce bottles with him to daycare so that means I'm pumping every day in between my work days to make up the rest. As much as I enjoy breastfeeding him, I do look forward to the day I will no longer have to pump.
-Has quite a voice and likes to use it. He can scream pretty loud. When he's mad, he will let you know it. And most of the time, I think he just likes to be heard. And he has a super sense for when the baby gate gets opened. If he hears it being shut he immediately shops what he's doing, he screams as if to say, " I know you left me, Mom!" Even if I just popped right out to use the bathroom, he crawls over to the gate to make sure he can see me.
-Likes music, dancing and beating on anything like a drum.


-Any chance he can get to climb the stairs, he'll take it! If the baby gate gets left open, he's out and crawling as fast as he can towards the staircase hoping we don't notice.






I discovered that the natural light that comes into his bedroom is great for photos. I never noticed it before since we have blackout curtains over the windows to keep it dark. Plus when he's in his crib, he's contained! I went in with camera in hand right after he woke up from his nap. He's always just in the greatest mood when he wakes up. I usually don't even know when he wakes up since he never cries. I usually just happen to head upstairs to check on him and find him awake. He'll turn on the little music mobile and talk to himself and chew on his blankie and keep himself entertained until I go and get him!








He loves apples. One time he saw me washing one for Dylan and screamed for his own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!