11 months
Age: 11 months (January 17)
Weight: 22 pounds
Height: 29.5 inches
Milestones:
-Walking!! He started taking 5-8 steps at a time right after the New Year and within a week of that was walking across the room. He now spends more time walking than crawling and we're in need of some big boy walking shoes! All of the little pairs of Dylan's I saved are too small! Mr. Luke has bigger feet than Dylan did at the same age and they are wider too. When Dylan started walking at 11 months, he was wearing size 3...Luke's feet measure at a size 5+! (*and a quick pop-in for sizing at Nordy's yesterday confirmed he's a size 5.5W)We keep telling Dylan that Luke is going to be bigger than he is one day...
-One more tooth. Popped in December 30th.
-Kid loves to eat. I can honestly only think of one food that I've given to him on more than one occasion that he continues to spit out- avocados. BUT he's eaten them when mixed with black beans so he still eats them! He gobbles up any and everything and it's actually done a lot of good in getting Dylan to try and eat more things when he sees Luke trying them. Up until just recently, it seemed that we were always having to make a separate meal for Dylan at dinner. Now, he participates in not only helping me decide what to make for dinner, but will also actually eat it! Joe is really good at getting Dylan to at least try a bite of what we're eating, and per the routine, Dylan usually scoffs at it, says it looks gross, then tries a bite and exclaims, "That's yummy, I'll have that!" I'm glad that he's finally partaking in our meals, however, Joe and I have already begun discussing what our grocery bill will be once both boys are eating dinners.
*Luke's favorites as of lately: peas, apples, (eaten whole just like his big brother does), scrambled eggs, crackers, pears, yogurt melts, puree pouches, chicken.
-Breastfeeding still continues to be a challenge. He eats so much food that he doesn't seem to want to nurse as much. There have been days when I realize in the late afternoon that he never had his mid-day feeding and neither he nor I seem to miss it. My supply continues to lessen and I question how much longer I'll continue to nurse him during the day. I have no problem with the feedings first thing in the morning and right before bed, he's always up for those times, it's the rest of the day when he shows little interest or need. I even sent a can of formula to daycare since like I've mentioned before, I have the hardest time pumping enough to send. He really sucks down bottles at daycare so I have to send something for him! I was hoping to not have to buy formula since we're so close to when he can start on cow's milk but if it's just for the two days a week when he's at daycare, it won't be too bad. One of the reasons I decided to keep nursing until his first birthday was to save on the expense of formula!
-He's been plagued with an awful cold for the past week. Has him all runny-nosed and cranky. I hope it's not much longer for him to kick it. Unfortunately, we all caught it too, so lets hope we don't pass it back around again.
He's been having a horrible time going down for naps and at night and has been waking up at night too. I'm not used to the night-waking since he was sleeping through the night so well. He really only sleeps well if I give him some pain meds before bed. I hate having to give him medication but if I don't, he has the hardest time going to sleep. Yesterday morning I forgot to give him some and it took an hour before he finally was able to fall asleep. Luckily, he's not screaming that entire time but I can hear him whining and talking on and off forever before it finally gets quiet in his room. I've been looking into finding a used video monitor since we never had one so I can check on him without having to open the door. We keep his room very dark so in order so check on him, I have to literally stand next to the crib so see him. But that means if he's NOT asleep, he sees me and then there's no way he's going to lie back down and go to sleep after that.
-He really doesn't talk that much yet. He babbles all day long, but has yet to say many things that actually sound like a word. He says something that resembles "Dylan" but most of his babbles start with "D" which is not surprising since he hears me talk about Dylan and Dada most of the day. He has called me "Mama" on occasion, though it's usually when he's really tired and whiny or wants something.
-Wearing 12 month clothing, but I've already been sorting through the 18-month stuff seeing that he's growing so fast. Unfortunately, since he's larger than Dylan was at this stage, most of Dylan's hand-me-downs at 18 months are summer clothes so most won't work if he needs to be in them any time soon. I will likely have the same issue as the shoes: will have to purchase a new set of clothes (luckily I do have some 18-month items on loan from Jack that will give him a few things) for him when he absolutely needs to go up to the next size. He's still in size 3 diapers but I think once the ones we have are out, I'll crack open the size 4's we have.
| I loved how he looked so innocent sitting here in the shadows and sun |
| When the big kids (& Dylan) are outside, he screams to go out and play too |
| Goofy boy ends up sans pants and socks by the end of most days |
![]() |
| In all his snotty-nosed glory |
| His hair grew so much this past month |
| I love his sweet little face! Can't help but kiss him all day long |





Comments
Post a Comment