12 months


As you can see, he still won't smile for the camera :-(

Age: 12 months (February 17th)

Weight: 21 lbs 15 oz. (at the doctor-60.33%)

Height: 31 inches (at the doctor- 88.3%)

Milestones:
-No new teeth
-Fully walking/running, no more crawling at all for this guy!

Notes:
-The reason this post is so late is that he got sick the day after his birthday. We went to the bouncy house facility in Monroe on Monday, his actual birthday. Since we were gone most of the day, I didn't try to take his picture. I worked the next day and shortly after lunch began receiving texts from both Joe and the babysitter that he developed a pretty bad cough throughout the day. He got really sick (I'll post about that later) so I'm just now getting around to getting his picture taken. It's been a long and rough week here.

-His sleeping is solid. He sleeps a full 12+ hours every night. He goes to bed between 7:30-8pm and sleeps until 7:30-8:00am. I am so grateful to be able to sleep in every morning (well except for the days I work). Dylan usually gets up shortly after 7:30 but will head downstairs and keep himself busy until the rest of us get up. Luke is still taking two naps a day. The first around 9:30am and it's usually for two hours. The second afternoon nap can vary depending on what we have going on during the day. The pediatrician said he will still need two naps until around 18 months so I'm planning on that. He still seems to really need his AM nap for now. His second nap can be between 1-2 hours. He has become very attached to his blankie for sleeping. He sleeps with an Aden + Anais blankie and the second he's put in the crib, grabs it and shoves as much of it into his mouth to suck on.

-Still not saying many decipherable words. His favorites are Dada and Dee (Dylan). He jibbers constantly but I have yet to see him make too many connections as to having certain words for certain things. He did reach for a banana yesterday and say, "nana" though.

-He's wanting to be such a big boy. He has learned many (bad) habits from watching Dylan. He will walk over to the pantry and grab a snack out of the snack box and bring it over to me to open. He insists on eating most things out of their wrapper/skin. He WILL NOT eat a string cheese, banana, granola bar, fruit leather it you take it out of the wrapper/peel. He wants to eat it out of it's package like Dylan does. He also does not want to have to sit in his high chair to eat. He sees Dylan getting to eat a snack while sitting on the couch so naturally, he wants to too. It's been a fight to get him to agree to sit in the high chair while he's eating.

-He's still nursing in the mornings and evenings. I had hoped to be done by now. I only just stopped pumping during the day and sending breastmilk for him at daycare. I have a stash of frozen milk I've been sending until he's comfortable with other milk. We introduced cow's milk the week before his birthday and it didn't agree with his stomach. Both Dylan and I have lactose sensitivities so I shouldn't have been surprised that Luke got crampy and gassy from milk too. We are now trying Lactaid and Almond Milk. He's yet to love either and that's mainly why I'm still nursing him. I want him to be getting a good source of fat, calories and calcium from another milk source before I stop. He is totally attached to his bottle at daycare and she's trying to transition him away from it (there are two younger babies who have bottles there and I guess he's really jealous when they get them and tries to steal them) and onto a sippy cup. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned since he eats so much all the time, he's likely getting all his nutrients from other sources, but I think deep down, I'm a little attached to nursing him too! Since he's my last baby, once he's done, there's no going back!

-He's wearing size 12 months and some 18 months. Still in size 3 diapers. I tried to move him up to size 4 but they are just still too big. He was leaking out of them.


Birthday cupcakes at daycare


Poor sick baby

His favorite thing to do. Make messes.

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday again, baby boy! The photo of him sick breaks my heart. Max is sick this week too and looks just like that, I hate it. I am so over this winter and this year's cold/flu season! It's been a killer. Love that he eats through wrappers. :D Miss you guys. Seriously, let's do lunch! At this rate we're close to YOUR birthday. Let's go to lunch for that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!