13 months


Age: 13 months (March 17th)

Height: TBD. I can't get him to lie down and let me measure him...

Weight: 23 pounds per home scale

Size:
-12-18 months. I'm still squeezing him into a select few 9-mo onesies but it's a tight fit all around.
-Still size 3 diapers. I always loved Pampers Swaddlers with Dylan. And I've tried all the rest this time around (Huggies, Target brand, Honest Co.) but just keep going back to the Swaddlers. We were out of diapers and Target didn't have the Swaddlers so we bought just some Pampers Cruisers instead. Even though they are the same brand, they fit tighter around his legs and leave red marks. I am a Swaddlers Mom for sure!

Milestones:
-Finally another tooth! The opposing lower lateral on the bottom just came in Sunday. And I see his first set of molars on the upper starting to create puffy bumps too.
-Points at things which helps to understand what he wants some of the time.
-Fully weaned. He was down to his two nursing sessions a day and then we dropped the bedtime feeding the first week of March and then the morning feeding end of last week. He finally drinks other milk (currently Lactaid) regularly throughout the day so it's been a success!
-Has quite the extensive "caveman" language. Some of his grunts are actually decipherable now.

Notes:
-Loves reading. When I stopped his bedtime nursing session, I made sure to replace it every night with more reading time. He loves to pick out which books to read and is more interested in actually sitting and making it through the entire book before losing interest. Before he would just want to turn the pages and throw the books on the floor over and over. He will actually pick a book out now and come over and plop onto my lap to read!
-Eats a ton. All the time. He will eat everything we eat and more. I have had to give up half of my serving a few times when he eats way more that I anticipate he will.
Typical menu:
Breakfast- scrambled egg, half piece of toast, cheerios and sippy cup of milk
Lunch- half PB&J, peas, apple slices, slice of cheese, milk
Dinner- whatever we are having or half grilled cheese, PB&J or pasta, milk
Snacks- occur frequently, he will eat huge meals and then want fish crackers, bunny grahams, dried fruit, granola bars, etc between meals.
Dessert- Yes, this wee one has him Mom's sweet tooth. We have a bowl with treats in the cupboard and whenever said cupboard is opened, he comes running. We'll let him have an M&M or two after dinner.
-Blankie is his best friend. It is definitely his security blanket. He sucks on a corner of it for most of the night. As soon as I put him down for bed or a nap, he instantly grabs his blankie and sucks away. He will steal it out of his crib or the diaper bag any chance he gets and carry it around during the daytime as well. I have to wash them all.the.time because they get covered in disgusting drool and remnants of meals. I do find it really cute when he grabs it, and will immediately lie down wherever he is with it.



I love how this is a little blurry. He's always on the run!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!