We opted out of a huge party this year. We invited my family over for dinner the night before his big birthday. It was perfect, not too much for such a little dude. I made one of our favorites (thanks to Jessica for introducing us to this amazing meal),
Baked pasta with sausage, tomatoes and cheese and Caesar salad and my mom brought garlic bread. We had cupcakes (Luke had his own cake) for dessert.
Luke loved all the relatives and attention. I'm sure he had no idea really why everyone was there but hammed it up none-the-less. I'm a bad parent and actually didn't even get him a gift yet. We really have everything you could ever imagine in the toy department and now with a huge loan of clothes, we are set there too. We even have books covered since I've been ordering them through the Scholastic book orders through daycare. Sooo, my thought was that since he loves water so much, we'd get him a water table. But February and winter are not ideal times for one so I'll just wait until it gets nicer out and buy it then. So for now, I'm a bad parent and didn't get my kid a birthday gift!
 |
| Maureen- I got me some Crocs! |
 |
| Who knew tissue paper was so amusing? |
 |
| Cracking up at Uncle Brian blowing the tissue paper |
 |
| Best attempt at a photo with Grandma and Grandpa |
SO cute! Of course I love the Crocs. He will love them too. :) Looks like it was a perfect way to celebrate your perfect little guy!
ReplyDelete