14 Months

I'd say both of my boys can manage to ham it up on occasion
Age: 14 months (April 17th)
Height: 31 inches, I think
Weight: 24 lbs
Size: 18 months
Diapers: Size 4

Milestones:
-Getting his upper first molars
-Says a few more understandable words & phrases: "thank you", "hi", "all done", and signs "milk"
-figured out how to crawl down backwards down the stairs
-Blows kisses

Notes:
-His bedtime is a little later these days. As are his naps. A few weeks back he was starting to resist two naps a day. I was dreading that possibly he was going to give up his second nap. Fortunately, and also unfortunately, it was a short-lived phase as I think it was when he started teething with his upper first set of molars. One night as he was particularly fitful and woke in the night, I rubbed my finger on his gums and sure enough there were huge bulging, swollen bumps on each side. With some teething tablets and pain reliever handy at all times now, we've been doing okay. One side of one of the molars has poked through but doesn't seem in any hurry to come all the way in yet. These molars have definitely been the worst of the teething so far. So for now, he's back to his two-a-day naps. They are later than they used to be though. He used to take his AM nap around 9:30 and then an afternoon one around 1:30-2. Now he's up in the morning until around 10 or 10:30 before his morning nap then wakes right at lunch time. He's not ready for another nap until later in the afternoon, closer to 3pm which has been a struggle with Dylan's swimming lessons M/W at 4pm, meaning we have to leave the house at 3:40 to make it in time. So those days the afternoon nap gets put on hold until after swimming when he will usually fall asleep in the car on the way home and then sleep in his car seat until sometimes as late as 6:30 and a few times 7pm! So that's why his bedtime is now later. There's no way I could get him to go back to sleep at 7:30 when he just woke up at 7! He is usually down for the night by 8:00 or a little after. He still sleeps a solid 12 hours most of the time. He varies sometimes and will rise before then during the 7:30-ish time frame but can keep himself happy sucking on his blankie and playing his music in the crib until the rest of us are ready to get up.

I took these photos after I took Dylan's 5-year pictures. I had to put him in the seat with snacks in order to keep him from running in front of Dylan or pull the backdrop down. I should have wiped is face off from all his snack mess prior to taking his picture. But it's kind of funny to remember him this way. It's not like his face is ever really clean a majority of the time anyway!



He managed to walk right off the sidewalk at daycare and fall flat on his face

One of many accidents and injuries to come, I'm sure


He is addicted to reading books right now 






Trying on his new sun hat

His new skill: sticking out his tongue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!