Dylan's Birthday Party


This year Dylan decided he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese's for his birthday. Having never been there, I'm not quite sure where he came up with the idea. Though he is a huge sucker for commercials. Might have been that. I think it was about two weeks before his birthday that I actually realized s**t, his birthday is in two weeks and I haven't planned his party. Luckily Joe and I had already discussed something really small so there wasn't the issue of a huge guest list. And I was able to reserve the party online and they provided Evites for invitations so it was pretty much a done deal.

He invited his favorite neighborhood buddy, a boy that used to go to daycare (and is also the son of my co-worker) and our friend's kids. And then my family of course. Only two of the boys could come, which actually made it easier to keep an eye on them (even though their parents were with them too) and keep everyone focused as 5-6 year olds have pretty short attention spans. But we did have a special surprise! Joe's Mom and Pat drove all the way up from Portland for the party! We had no idea, they kept it a complete surprise and we were shocked when they walked in with balloons for the birthday boy!

I hadn't been to a Chuck E. Cheese since probably the late 80s or 90s and was dreading it as I remember it as being filthy and basically creepy. It's changed so much (for the better) and was actually really fun! The pizza was actually edible too. The boys played games and won tickets and halfway through the two-hour party, the "show" started where Chuck E. himself makes an appearance and the birthday kids get to go on stage and rock out with him. Then all the kids there got to participate in a dance party and won free tickets.

As the special birthday boy, Dylan go to do the ticket grab (I actually don't think he honestly "grabbed" a single one...) but it was hilarious watching him try! With all the tickets he won, as well as all the ones Joe, my siblings and parents won for him, he ended up with about 1000 tickets and was able to get some BeyBlade toy. I have no idea what it is or does but I guess it's cool for kids his age...

It was actually a very successful party seeing it required little planning on my part, was not difficult to keep things going and organized during the party (we had a hostess who handled all the orders, lit cupcake candles, cleaned up, etc) and I didn't have to clean my house to host it!

Dylan had tons of fun too. Happiest birthday to my big 5-year-old!









Surprise appearance from the Oregon Grandmas who drove all the way up for the party!










Not so sure about this purple fella











Jam session with THE Chuck E. Cheese

Pretty mean air guitar







Luke was pretty enamored with the mouse and wanted in on all the action


Party kids


Luke joined the dance party too

Love that they are so focused their tongues are out









First 'blades




Luke wasn't scared at all of the huge animitronic animals. I, however, was pretty creeped out 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!