We were lucky enough for the Easter Bunny to come visit our house this year! And his little helper friend stuck around until the morning to check that we got our Easter goodies!
 |
| Decorations I made for the mantle |
We colored eggs Saturday afternoon after Dylan's T-Ball game. It was nasty weather so Luke and I skipped the game and we were able to go grocery shopping and then hard-boil the eggs while they were at the game. So we dyed them when they got home.
Dylan left a note for "EB" letting him know that he would like his eggs hidden in the living room and that to hide the dinosaur and sports eggs for him and the plain-colored eggs for Luke so they knew which eggs to find. I told Dylan it was a good idea to let the Easter Bunny know so that he could hide them harder for Dylan than for Luke.
I woke up pretty early the next morning (it was close to 6am) and as I was attempting to get back to sleep, heard Dylan downstairs cracking open an easter egg! I ran down and told him he had to wait for us! He was so excited and just got right up and went downstairs and started searching for eggs!
Luke heard the commotion and we all gathered in the living room to hunt for the eggs left by the Easter Bunny.
 |
| Dylan got a note back from EB |
 |
| In action! |
 |
| It took a bit to show Luke what he was supposed to do |
 |
| But once he realized there were treats inside... |











I really tried to go low-key this year. I swear every holiday it's candy and small gifts and so much that even though we've only been doing it for 5+ years, I swear I'm already running out of ideas of what to put into Easter baskets, Valentine's Day gifts, Christmas stockings, etc. This year I swore I'd put little to no candy into their baskets, only put candy or non-candy snacks (yogurt-covered raisins, mini Chips Ahoy cookies, money) into the eggs they'd hunt for and not put a bunch of junk toys and trinkets that just take up room in the toy box and never get played with in their baskets. I did pretty good on the candy part. They each got a small chocolate bunny in their baskets, Dylan got some flavored water (magic potion he calls it), a fruit roll-up and some gum. I found a soccer ball-shaped gum machine at Ross and he got that and Luke got a puzzle. Instead of the fruit roll and gum, Luke got a puree pouch. So their baskets were pretty simple.
We had cinnamon rolls, eggs and bacon for breakfast and chilled out the rest of the morning, had egg salad sandwiches for lunch and then packed up to go to my parent's house for the afternoon and dinner. My mom always does baskets for us too so that was another reason I wanted to go light on the candy from the Easter Bunny. They also did another egg hunt there.
After egg-hunting, the boys and gang headed out front to play some basketball and enjoy the beautiful day.
We had a super yummy dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes and fixings. I don't think I've eaten that much in a long time. I was so full, I had to turn down dessert (and if you know me, that NEVER happens). We also celebrated my Dad and Jason's birthdays (and Dylan's too).
Hoping you all had a happy Easter as well!
 |
| Dylan, 5 years |
 |
| Luke, 14 months |
 |
| The Van Alstine Family 2014 |
Comments
Post a Comment