15 months
![]() |
| 15 months old |
Age: 15 months (May 17)
Height: Still haven't managed (or remembered) to measure him. He seems taller and leaner but I will have to remember to measure him soon. *Update: measures at 32 inches tall!
Weight: Still steady at 24.5 pounds
Size: 18 months, though shirts and pants in 18 months are a little baggy. But 12 months just seem a wee bit too tight. I will be switching to 24 mo jammies soon.
Diapers: 4
Shoes: Still 5-5+
Milestones:
-2 molars now have popped through. His two uppers. Not fully in yet and the bottom molars are trying to make their appearance as well. He's a constant drool monster these days.
-Talking a lot more, says: "Hi", "Thank You", "Love you", "I do" (when he wants something), "all done", "thank you", "hot". I am still referred to as Dada. Waiting on him to figure out that Joe and I are not the same person :-)
-Learned how to "knock" on the door. And will do so on the bathroom door while I'm in it, on the shower door, etc. or when it's time to go and Dylan has gone out into the garage to get in the car and he wants to go too.
-Learned to climb (or is tall enough to reach now) up on things. Like out of the bath tub (and give me a heart attack), up onto the couch (and give me a heart attack), and I'm really praying he doesn't figure out how to climb out of his crib. He has figured out how to climb up on the ledge that holds the mattress from the outside, but luckily there's not much to stand up on from the inside. Fingers crossed. Not ready for the challenge of what to do with him once he can climb out of the crib.
-Discovered his belly-button and will gladly lift up his shirt to show you if you ask him. I've also been working on teaching him other body parts, though he prefers to point to them on ME instead of himself. Should have thought it through before I taught him "teeth" as now I get his grimy, dirty fingers in my mouth every time I ask him where HIS teeth are and he then wants to point to mine. He also knows nose and we're working on recognizing and finding his feet/toes.
Notes:
-Understands simple commands and will follow through. Example when he's eating something and then done with it or the wrapper, he'll bring it to me and if I tell him to go and throw it in the garbage, he will. However, he will also take the opportunity to put non-garbage or recycle items into the garbage and recycle bins. I have to keep an ear out for suspicious activity. This also goes for placing things where they don't belong. I've found random toys in the dirty laundry bins, toys that have been put into the open washing machine and I find them once the wash is done, he removes things from under my sink (hairspray, my lotions, etc) and takes them to Dylan's room and puts them in the toybox. I find some pretty funny things in funny places!
-He is also getting easier to understand regarding what he does and doesn't want. He will very vigorously shake his head no if he doesn't want something. He's also learned a version of nodding yes, which is more of a little happy/excited dance with a slight nodding of the head when he does want something. He will also squeal when he wants something and let you know how pissed he is if you don't let him have it. Let's just say he's become very capable of being VERY opinionated.
-Loves animals and learning animal sounds. His favorite is the wolf and he will throw back his head and howl. Cows and moo-ing come in at a close second and then monkeys. His favorite book that he loves to just sit and have "read" to him (there are no words, just pictures) or look at alone is a big animal book with animals of all types.
![]() |
| The only thing that kept him sitting on the crate was a rock I gave him to hold |
![]() |
| Which was fine, until he decided to eat it |
![]() |
| So I showed him it could go into his pocket |
![]() |
| Then he was okay |













Comments
Post a Comment