16 months
Age: 16 months (June 17th)
Height: Per his 15-mo doctor's check-up on June 5th: 33.5" (98%)
Weight: Per doctor's office June 5th: 25 lbs, 3.2oz (79%)
Size: 18-24 months
Diapers: 4
Shoes: Still 5-5+
Milestones:
-Now both bottom molars are coming in! Which means brushing teeth is that much more enjoyable...
-New words: "Mom/Mama" (Yeahhhhh! And now finally refers to me as such) "Uh oh", "Oops", "cookie", "ouch/ow", nods head "yes" and understands what nodding for yes and shaking his head "no" actually mean, as well as signs "milk" and "more".
-Waves to every person, car, animal, moving object as it passes by.
-Very self-sufficient at eating with utensils.
Notes:
-Climbs safely up and down off the couch, chairs, etc. now. I'm not so anxious when he's climbing up and down things. He also is very cautious when going down the stairs as well and will wait until someone holds his hand, will go down backwards, or scoot down on his bottom.
-Has learned quite a bit from watching his big brother play sports. Can run and kick a soccer ball, hit a baseball off a tee and sink a basket in the small hoop we have. He also has a pretty good throwing arm, I'd say compared to Dylan, I see slightly more natural athletic ability. Either that or he's just had so much more opportunity to watch all the sports that he's been able to pick it up faster.
-We're in limbo currently with the two or one nap a day phase. Some days, he fights a second nap if he gets a morning nap or if I try to put him down for a morning nap, will just end up playing around and never fall asleep and then take a long afternoon one. Now that swimming lessons are done, there's nothing to prevent him from taking a long afternoon nap so I might try to be more consistent and gradually push back his morning nap later and later or forego it altogether and see how he does. A lot of the time, if he does get two full naps during the daytime, he has a harder time getting to sleep at his usual bedtime. So I think he would do alright with just one nap during the day. He will still consistently sleep for 11-12 hours at night if I let him. My biggest hope is that he is down to just one nap a day by Hawaii. Though to be selfish, I do really like when he takes a morning nap! It's usually when I get all my stuff done! If he starts taking a long afternoon nap only, then I'll have to get up and my errands done if needed in the morning, and I'm not a morning person.
![]() |
| Do these jeans make me look fat? |
![]() |
| Up to something... |
| First corn-on-the-cob experience |
| Legs a mile long, definitely grew |
| Monkey-see, monkey-do |
Learned "uh oh" and says it as often as he can







Comments
Post a Comment