Dylan finished up his T-Ball season the first weekend of June. He also had his last week of his third swimming lessons session the following week. So now we are activity free for summer!
Prior to T-Ball starting, I had every intention of attending each game. Well, with the weather and Luke's morning nap, that didn't happen as I'd planned. Luke and I attended four games out of eight, so not bad. I'd say with a toddler, you have to be a fair-weather fan! It was a huge help when my parents would come watch too and I could actually watch the game and not be occupied chasing Luke around.
For his first season, I think Dylan did awesome! Since he and Joe would practice before each game (as a team, they stopped practicing as soon as games started), by the end, he was smacking the ball off the tee better than 90% of the other kids on his team and usually on the opposing team as well. He and Joe are now practicing hitting with someone pitching to him and he can get a hold of the ball pretty well that way too!
After their last game, the team had a party with pizza, trophies, and cupcakes. Dylan was so excited to get his very first trophy! Since Joe was assistant coach, he received a nice gift card from the team as a thank you.
 |
| I loved watching Joe coach |
 |
| Yeah, Dylan! |
 |
| #5 at bat |
 |
| Chatting with the 1st baseman |
 |
| Good hustle |
 |
| They played Dylan's friend's team one week |
 |
| Always ready |
 |
| Luke always wants to join the big kids |
 |
| Batter up! |
 |
| Last Game |
 |
| Game strategy chat on the bench |
 |
| Very pretty views at the fields |
 |
| Trophies |
 |
| Party Cake |





Dylan has come along way since his first swimming lesson. He did one session when he was three years old at the Lake Stevens High School. He didn't really learn much during that session. He was still super timid of the water and it didn't help that the water was pretty cold. He did the Splash Week for two years in a row at the YMCA, last year doing it at two different locations so he did it every day for two weeks straight.
I'd have to say what he's learned and how quickly he's learned it at the new Aquatic Center has really had made me happy. I don't know if it's the instructors, the atmosphere or that he just finally got used to being in the water but he's become a great swimmer. He started out in the lowest preschool (beginners ages 3-6) level back in the first week of March. He was the only kid in his class who was hesitant to put his face in the water, and would avoid putting his entire head under water at all costs. After the second lesson, Joe suggested he wear goggles since he was most bothered by the water in his eyes. After that, it was such a change. He was ducking his head under the very next lesson, and then got so comfortable with it, would spend as much time holding his breath and under water as he could! Halfway through that 6-week session, all the kids in his class were tested and passed up to the next level (I love that they test throughout the sessions so as soon as the kids are ready, they can move up and not have to wait until the next session starts). After his first 6-weeks session, he was still into it and wanted to keep going. So we signed up again for the next one. The second to last lesson of that session, he was tested again and was moved up out of the preschool levels into the "big kid" levels (ages 6+ or those younger who pass testing requirements). He ended his second session in Level 2 and completed his third session in that level. We're taking a break from swimming lessons over the summer so there's more time to spend playing outside and with the neighborhood kids. I especially really wanted him to have lessons prior to Hawaii so he could swim in the pool and snorkel. I think he's more than ready for both! It's been a really great experience for him and I'd highly recommend the Aquatic Center. I'm considering doing the Mom and Tot classes with Luke in the fall when Dylan is at school too.


 |
| Back float |
 |
| Back Torpedo |
 |
| Front float |
Comments
Post a Comment