Ahh, we've been waiting for you. Summer is by far my favorite season. I would gladly give up snow, rain and even the beauty of Fall for sunshine and warmer weather year-round. I could definitely get used to living someplace with warmer weather all the time. Any chance of a sunny day, I get so excited to enjoy it's warmth, and the time we get to spend outside.
The boys really enjoy the outdoors as well and Dylan would stay outside every waking minute if he could. He's become that annoying neighbor kid who runs over to the other neighbor kids the second they come outside wanting to play with them. I feel bad for him, he really needed a sibling closer in age so he had a built-in playmate...whelp, sorry kid. He does take a few minutes here and there to entertain Luke outside and will drive him around in his car or run up and down the street with him. But mostly, he wants nothing to do with him as he longs to be one of the bigger boys on the street and having a baby brother tag along definitely cramps his style. I get suckered into being Dylan's playmate if no one else is around and have already spent a decent amount of time this summer throwing the baseball for him, playing against him in soccer or playing HORSE with the basketball instead of lounging in my chair reading my book. Again, poor Dylan since I have little athletic ability and am not a worthy sports opponent. On the plus side, I get to spend some (usually one-on-one) QT with my oldest since Luke is usually napping all afternoon. I keep telling myself to enjoy every minute with him because come Fall, he'll be off to school and I'll be missing him like crazy.
 |
| Water balloons with Dad |
 |
| I'm gonna get you, Mom! |
 |
| They fill my heart with love each day |
 |
| Kid takes after me for sure |
 |
| Popsicles have become a main food group around here |
 |
| They do love each other |
Comments
Post a Comment