17 months


Age: 17 months (July 17)
Height: 33.5"
Weight: 27 pounds per home scale
Size: 18 months-24 months
Shoe: 5-6

Milestones:
-12 teeth! Those pesky upper and lower first molars finally have all come in. Whew, that took forever.
-Finally will smile for the camera! He observed Dylan smiling and saying, "cheese" for me and copied him so now he has it figured out...it only took 16+ months.
-We've successfully transitioned from two naps to one. It went a lot more smoothly than I anticipated. He was only taking one in the afternoon at daycare on those two days of the week and had two days at daycare that he had a really tough time napping and refused to nap! I wondered if it had something to do with the fact that he was still taking two at home but only one there. So I took that as a sign to make the transition. The first few mornings I kept him awake and didn't let him go to sleep for a morning nap he was a little more cranky. But we had an early lunch and I put him down shortly after 11:30 or noon. Then he napped for almost 4 hours! So it went well, and he became adjusted rather well. After cutting out his morning nap at home, and just doing one in the afternoon, post-lunch, he's been taking solid 3-4 hour naps at home AND now at daycare which he would never do previously. Kid loves a routine, I suppose. So now his "goal" nap time is right about 12:30. He sleeps the longest if he's down around then. If we've been out running errands and get back home after that, it seems he doesn't sleep as long. But he passes out pretty hard and if he falls asleep in the car, I'm able to carry him up to his crib and he'll stay asleep during the transfer!

Notes:
-Can identify his nose, eyes, teeth, belly-button, hair, ears, wee wee and toes when asked.
-Can point out Mom, Dad, Dylan and himself in pictures when asked.
-New words: please, popcorn, beep (as when the microwave is done), bye (while waving), ball, baseball, all gone/done, water, shoes, juice, up, pool...the list is actually pretty long but these are what I've been remembering to write down. He just out of the blue decided to say words instead of the usual "eh eh" when he'd want something. He likes to repeat lots of words we say and it's become so much easier to know exactly what he's wanting to eat or do.
-Can imitate animals sounds and will make the sounds when asked, "what does a _______ say?"
Cow: moo, Sheep: baa, Snake: ssss, Kitty: mow mow, Doggy: uff uff, Birdy: teet teet teet, Wolf: Howwww, Piggy: oik oik with a grunting sound.
-Really into sports. Watching Dylan play non-stop has him constantly surrounded by sports. Anytime he escapes into the garage, he goes straight for the sports equipment and grabs whatever ball he can find to play with. He'll even grab the tee, bat and ball and carry it out to the yard and start hitting off the tee on his own!

Needed a few M&M's to keep him still for me

Notice how the messy face gets worse






Batter up!
Catch, Mom!


He figured out how to get to the camera on my phone and take selfies
I have a video of Dylan a little younger than Luke saying "please" too

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!