Kindergarten Orientation

The time has come. The countdown has whittled down to the single digits and the first day of school is looming. Dylan's Kindergarten Meet-and-Greet and BBQ was this past week. He met his teacher, got to check out his classroom, take a ride around the block on a school bus and play on the playground. He had no reservations.

I was excited to see him jump right in and join the other kids at the playground and in his classroom and meet new friends, however, it does make me sad that he is so eager to be on his own! He didn't want to leave as he was having so much fun with his "new friends". I can see that he will have no problem acclimating to school! I can't believe the time is here.

You'd better believe there have been quite a few tears already shed on my part. I'm dreading the first day of school, I might not be able to keep it together. Joe is going to go into work late so he can be home to see Dylan off on the bus. So I will have a shoulder to lean on. It will be a rough first day for me. My baby is all grown up and off to school!




His buddy, Grady, who will be in his class!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!