19 months

19 months
Age: 19 months (September 17th)
Height: 35.5" (at 18 mo check-up on 9/11- over the 100th Percentile!! And I checked Dylan's records for comparison, he wasn't this height until he turned 2!)
Weight: 27.5 lbs (86% at 18 mo check-up)
Size: 18 mos (barely)-2T
Shoe: 6

Milestones:
-New teeth! Bottom two canines came in right after he turned 18 months old and now the two uppers are making their way in.
-Learning his colors. He can say all of them but when asked what color something is, it's always, "color boo" (blue) and every car is, "boo car".
-Has started to want to do things on his own. And if he's determined to do it alone, by golly, then he'll do it alone. Like he'll go and get his shoes and attempt to put them on himself, and wants to brush and floss his own teeth. And then there's the somewhat dangerous things like walking down the stairs solo. That one makes me panic- I usually let him but hover in case he takes a spill. So far, he's very good at holding onto the wall. Mr. Independent. 
-The words "no" and "mine" are said very frequently since he learned them and what they mean. He also loves to find things for me (his shoes, my shoes, the cat, his coat) or if he's looking for something and finds it it's, "theree is!"
-Speaks in multiple word phrases. "Hi, Kitty. Nigh Night", "Duck fall down," "Mom, all done". 
I am referred to as "mom". Not mama, mommy or ma. I find it amusing to hear him call me that, sounds so grown-up. Likely because that's what he hears Dylan call me. It's funny when he wakes up in the morning or after his nap, his way of letting us know is repeatedly yelling, "MOM MOM MOM" over and over until someone goes and gets him.
When asked yes or no questions, his responses are "no no no no" or "yah". 

Notes:
-Current obsessions: 
1. Cars, trucks, buses, etc. He now sleeps with them, bathes with them, has one on his tray table while eating,  and has to bring at least two into the car with him if we are going somewhere. At least it's easy to keep him busy. However, so many cars means so many foot injury hazards when they're constantly scattered all over the floors.
2. Books. We read a minimum of eight books before bedtime each night (before I have to cut him off), and then even more throughout the day. Anytime we're upstairs, he can be found either in Dylan's room playing with his toys (cars) or sitting in the rocking chair in his room looking at books. He even knows the names of most of his books and will request them by name (Nigh night moon, Blue Truck, Moo Baa La, Bubbles, Cars, Hop Pop, Foot Book, choo choo).
-Insists on only using utensils when eating and will not let me help whatsoever. At least he's very proficient at using both a fork and spoon now and only makes manageable messes when eating. 
-He's a very good helper and when I ask him to get me certain things or help put toys away, he'll gladly help. He loves to follow simple instructions and get praised for doing so. He loves to take our garbage from us and put it in the trash or recycle. He's almost like a little personal assistant. Almost.
-Still sleeps like a champ at night. And has his awesome long afternoon naps. My only regret with Dylan starting school is that I kind of wish he stayed in PM half day instead of switching to AM for daycare needs. Then I'd have Luke asleep and Dylan gone for three hours in the afternoon and the house all to myself! Hopefully by next year, Luke will still be taking his long afternoon naps. 
-Watches his brother and tries to copy every thing he does and says. We have to constantly remind Dylan not to do certain things (like jump on/off the couch, put his toys where Luke can reach them if he doesn't want him having them) because Luke will instantly copy him or try out his stuff.
-I think I've said this before but he has a prime set of lungs on him. Some days I'm surprised I'm not completely deaf. If he and Dylan want the same toy or he wants what Dylan has, he can let us all know it (and I'm sure the neighbors too).
-He's a little Indian Giver. He'll gladly share his snacks, treats with us but then usually decides after we'd chewed and swallowed, that he wants it back. He hasn't figured out that once it's swallowed, no matter how hard you try to pry my mouth open, you're not gonna find it.










I had to capture these tears. I couldn't open his pouch fast enough...affects of being hangry.






Catch, Mom!
I heart trucks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!