First Day of School

It's finally here. Dylan has entered the school years. He's officially a big Kindergartener. His first day of school was full of excitement (for him) and sadness (for me). He was up and so ready the first morning. Joe stayed home so he could watch him off on the bus before heading into work. After he left on the bus, Luke and I rushed to the school in hopes of seeing Dylan get off of the bus but there were so many parents with the same idea and the parking lot is way too small for that many cars that we had to park so far off and missed his arrival.

But we did go and find him in his class and see him at his desk. He wanted nothing to do with having me there and asked me, "Can I be alone now, Mom?" He was so ready to be on his own!

The first week was pretty simple. He didn't really have much to report other than the few things they did throughout the days. Mostly read books and sang songs (which he reported to me was BORING...). He's anxious to get to the good stuff, he really wants to learn how to read. I told him I'd gladly help him (I've already tried) but he doesn't like to listen to me when I try to teach him things. I'm sure pretty soon they'll get into the nitty gritty and he'll be singing a different tune when homework starts getting sent home.

For now, he's all smiles when I pick him up and he looks forward to heading out to wait for the school bus each morning! It's been a good transition so far.



Outfit picked out and the book we read the night before the first day
Backpack all ready to go!












Here comes the bus!


And off he goes!

So studious


Creeper Mom taking photos through the window
Luke and I made him cupcakes for an after-lunch treat on his first day

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!