The Tooth Fairy Came!

Dylan lost his very first tooth this week! He alerted me to "a piece of food stuck" behind his lower front teeth a few weeks back only for me to look and discover it was actually his adult tooth coming in. The baby tooth was just slightly wiggly at the time, as the adult tooth wasn't growing up directly underneath it so I highly suggested that he wiggle away at the baby tooth to help it along.

This past weekend when I was helping him brush Sunday night, the thing was sooo wiggly, it was moving front to back and side to side! I bet him that by school picture day (which was Thursday) that it would be out.

I was right. Insert smugness here. He was outside playing Monday afternoon (the very next day) and he came running in yelling that he pulled his tooth out! I was taking pictures of a banner for my newly created Etsy shop (more on that next) so I had camera in hand and was able to get a picture the few seconds after it actually happened. Talk about good timing.

He was sooo excited and so was I! It also meant I got to make the cute little "tooth fairy" money pouches that I had made a while back in anticipation of this big moment. He was more than happy to let me take pictures of the new hole in his mouth, even though for the first few minutes after it came out, was full of blood....

He was so excited to put his little tooth in a baggie and run upstairs to put in under his pillow.

The next morning, he came running up to me and was so ecstatic that the Tooth Fairy left him a gift. At first he was just happy to get the 'little picture' as he called it. Then he came running back a few minutes later, even more excited to find that there was money inside the pouch! At first he though it was one dollar. Again he walked off and then came running back....it was actually THREE whole dollars! I wish I had my phone or camera at that moment to capture the happiness again.

It's not every day your child loses his FIRST tooth. I even feel that this is more of a momentous occasion than him starting Kindergarten. This actually changes his appearance and he will just change and look more mature the more teeth that he loses. He really isn't my baby any more.



Sorry-as a hygienist, blood in the mouth does nothing to gross me out




This is technically his second tooth that he's lost. The first was knocked out
when he was 1 1/2 and the dog bumped him over.


Gift from the Tooth Fairy

Comments

  1. This is so awesome and great that you got so many pics! What did he decide to do with his money?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!