21 months

21 months
Age: 21 months (November 17th, I'm a little behind)
Height: ~36"
Weight: 29.5 lbs per home scale with clothes on
Size: Mostly in 2T
Shoe: 6

Milestones:
-He now can walk up and down the stairs unassisted and loves to play catch with Joe- he can throw really well, and catches it too. 




Notes:
-He's a little jibber jabber now. There's not really much that he doesn't say, and we understand him about 97% of the time. He really enjoys telling Dylan what to do. I even heard him tell Dylan to "calm down," and "time out," today. \
-Some of the funnier pronunciations he says: Potato is tato head. As in Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story. We had mashed potatoes with dinner last night and he said, "Mama, help tato head". He needed assistance scooping them up. He also likes to know what fruits/veggies are in his pouches (yes, he still eats them, he LOVES them and I can't refuse such an easy way for him to get extra fruits and veggies!) and one that I get is sweet potato and apple. He will say "sweet tato head and apple!"
-He also says a lot of things with an double letter either at the beginning or end. For example, truck in Luke-ville is truck-k. And cars is k-cars. Pouch is usually p-pouch and play is p-pay. I guess he's making sure he gets his point across, semi-stutter and all.
-His favorite things right now are monster trucks, coloring, playing with Play-Doh (and sometimes trying to eat it), snuggling, taking selfies on my phone and just being completely adorable.
-Bedtime routine has added elements now. It used to go bath, jammies, brush teeth, books, bed. Then a while back, I started to sing him Twinkle, Twinkle and You are My Sunshine right before I put him in the crib. Recently, from learning them at daycare, we've now added Row Your Boat, Happy Birthday, ABC's, Rock A By Baby and Mary Had a Little Lamb to the repertoire. So now we have to sing them all, sometimes a few times each every night. And even more recently, he decided that he wants to snuggle and rock in the rocking chair after songs and before I lay him down. So what used to take about 15-20 minutes to get him to bed, now takes at least 30 minutes plus. And now he wants to read books and snuggle before naptime too. Don't get me wrong, I love this time with him, but I think he's wised up and has figured out how to delay bedtime. You win, kid, you win.





He is such a silly guy


He was playing peek-a-boo with my camera


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!