Halloween

What do you do when your husband's birthday (and a big one at that) lands on a holiday? You both take the day off and do fun stuff for the kids, that's what.

We started the day off with breakfast out at the Buzz Inn. So much food. We left there and went straight to Elevated Sportz. Fun, but I swear that's where Luke picked up a sicky bug that has now infected the rest of us. No more bouncy house places during cold/flu season.

Birthday boy with his Bloody Mary

We headed back home for Luke's naptime. Joe picked Extreme Pita for his birthday dinner so I picked up pitas for dinner. Shortly after, it was time to Trick-or-Treat! Luke refused to put his costume on. He had no intention of wearing ANY costume. I was able to get him into his Seahawks jersey and painted black eyeliner on him and he went as a "football player". Hoping for better luck next year. We never had that problem with Dylan! We decided due to the iffy weather, that we'd head up the street to the babysitter's neighborhood where the houses are a lot closer together and we'd be able to get to many more in a shorter amount of time. Luke was a little slow so he spent most of the time eating candy in the stroller while Dylan hopped from house to house.
Ninja and the football player



Luke had quite a bit of candy in his bucket, and I let him back out to hit up a few more houses. One house had a haunted house set up in their garage, using bed sheets to create a maze. I had to carry Luke because he was a little spooked and had to crouch to make it through. At the next house, I realized that his entire bucket of candy spilled out as we went through the haunted house! I was so bummed. Not that he'll ever know but there was a regular size bag of Peanut M&M's in there I was looking forward to stealing from him!



We went for about an hour before heading back home so I could pass out candy at our house and then Dylan and Joe could go Trick-or-Treating at all of our neighbor's houses.


Watching for Trick-or-treaters
Once everyone was home, we had Joe's birthday dessert before calling it a night.

After years of making him cake that he never eats...chocolate mousse instead!

Old Man!!
The previous weekend, we had gone over to the neighbor's house for a pumpkin carving party! Here are our pumpkins.
Luke's pumpkin was so small, all I could fit was a face
Dylan picked a bat
Some of the other pumpkins, I made the Elmo one since I couldn't fit it on Luke's
All of the pumpkins lit up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!