22 months


I haven't been able to do a photoshoot due to the Christmas
tree being in the way and no time!

Age: 22 months (Dec 17)
Weight: 28.5 lbs per home scale with clothes on
Height: TBD
Size: 2T
Diapers: Moved up to size 5

Milestones:
-In the "I do it" stage. Which is fine, gain your independence child. But please choose the right time to demand it...like preferably NOT when we're heading out the door somewhere and in a hurry and then demanding to climb in the car by yourself, climb in your car seat yourself and buckle your car seat straps yourself. Thank you.
-Counts 1-5, sometimes up to 10. Varies on how accurate it is on a daily basis.
-Recognizes many more colors now: orange, brown, black, purple, green.
-More and more aware and interested in going to the bathroom. Every night before his bath, he insists on going potty. He asks, "I go pee" or "I go potty," and then he'll stand on the step stool at the toilet for a few minutes before declaring, "I went pee" and hopping in the bath. He has yet to actually go pee in the potty but I think he thinks he has! He also is very easy to read when he has to go poop. He will go into the corner and if you ask what he's doing, he'll either say he's going poop or tell us, "no, NO!" so we don't watch him.

Notes:
-Loves to scold Dylan. He tells Dylan, "knock off now!"(knock it off) and "Timeout now!"
-He also will put himself in timeout.
-I made the mistake of letting him watch a YouTube video on my phone one time. One time was all it took and now he asks to "watch bideos" all.the.time. I only give-in every once in awhile because I don't want to have to give up my phone every minute of the day, nor do I want him to break it. He's still easily diverted to something else for now. Lesson learned.
-I think he has an umbilical hernia. About a month ago, I noticed that his belly button was sticking out a lot. It had never done it that way before, he always had a small tiny bit of an outie belly button but it seems like it's not his belly button that sticks out now, it's something behind it. Any given time of the day, he has a bulge that pops out right at/above his belly button and it can be pushed back in. Hernias run in my family, I had one, my cousin did, my grandpa, etc. So after the holidays, I'll be taking him in to have it checked. I've read that it's nothing to be concerned about unless it hurts him or doesn't close on it's own by age 5. However, just the other night, he was complaining that his tummy hurt. I didn't think much of it until after his bath and he was laying down so I could put his diaper on. I felt his nubbin and it was hard. It is usually soft and easy to pop back in. So I pushed it back in and it took some pressure. And this is the gross part, as I got it to pop back in, it made this horrible squishing sound as it popped back in. So since it was causing him pain, I just want to have it checked out. Hopefully it's something that will resolve itself and will be nothing to worry about!






Some extra photos of when I was taking them for our Holiday photos


Silly guy. This is what he does a lot of the time if you ask him to smile for a photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!