Luke is 2!!
Height: 37 inches
Weight: 29.5-30 lbs
Size: 2T, some 3T jammies
Milestones:
-Can safely (and confidently enough so I don't worry if one of us leaves a baby gate open and he heads up or down the stairs alone) walk up and down the stairs!
-Counts 1-13
-Sings the ABC's and can recognize the letters K, U, X, O, C and W
-Knows his shapes
Notes:
-Some of my favorite sayings via Luke: My do it, Good Morning, Mom (when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap), I wake, Brektist (breakfast), tezzert (dessert), I need help, I like coffee, No, don't want it, bidadins (vitamins), What you eating? What in your mouth?, Responds with "yup", I made dat (I made that, he's very proud of all his projects and art work)
-His second set of molars have yet to come in. I keep checking. They are supposed to come in between 23 and 31 months of age.
-Likes to hop/jump, play basketball, T-ball and soccer, ride his trike, play catch and play cars & Legos
-Love reading books. He has memorized a lot of the books we read regularly and will recite them along with me or if I read the first part of the sentence, he'll finish it. He also still loves the Look & Find books and knows exactly where the items are hidden on the pages for all of his books.
-If he forgets to say please, and you ask him, "what do you say?" he'll respond, "pleaseyou'rewelcome"
-Having a little bit of a hitting issue with other kids that are younger or littler. I don't know if it's his retaliation from when Dylan beats him up and when he's around younger kids he thinks of it as payback? He gets in time-out a lot at daycare for it.
-He's learned how to open door knobs. Which means that I really have no privacy. He'll open up the bathroom door while I'm in there, giggle, then say, "privacy!" before closing the door again.
-Sleep: still sleeps well most of the time. His length of naps vary from day to day. I put him down for his nap between 12:30 and 1:30pm, with 1pm being the average. He will nap for 2-4 hours. I really like the afternoons when he'll sleep from 1:00pm-4:00pm, or even later! I can get soo much more stuff done and even start dinner with one less little body around! He goes down at night between 8:00-8:30 pm and then will sleep until 7:30-8:00 am (except on the mornings when I work, then I have to get him up at 6:35am, and he's NOT a morning person). I plan to keep up this same routine for as long as I can! Dylan gave up naps pretty early since we never established a good routine with him. So I'm hoping this routine works for as long as possible with Luke.
-He's also still in his crib. Hasn't been able to do any climbing out of it yet so I plan to keep him sleeping in it for the containment purposes. Though he does go down for naps and bedtime easily now, there are days when he doesn't and being able to know that he can't get out of bed is comforting. When the time comes, his crib does convert into a toddler bed. But for now, I'm keeping my baby in the crib!
- I had decided that once he reached 2 years old, I'd go ahead and switch his car seat to forward- facing. He's not yet exceeded the max height and weight of his car seat yet so that he has to switch, and I'd prefer to keep him rear-facing until he reaches those limits for safety reasons, but Dylan is constantly asking when he can switch over to the booster seat configuration on his car seat. Dylan isn't quite at the max limits for his car seat for the 5-point harness, and again, for safety reasons, I'd prefer to keep him in the 5-point harness until he reaches those limits (he's getting close), but Luke's seat only fits rear-facing in the middle seat (I'm sure I've complained about this previously). And that means car trips can be a nightmare if both of them or even only one are cranky and wish to bug the other one. So I promised Dylan as soon as Luke turned 2 (which is the recommended min age to convert to forward-facing by the AAP), I would switch him so that Luke's seat could move behind the driver's seat and then Dylan would have the room to be able to reach the seat belt buckle and be able to use that instead of the harness. Well, I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to it. And I also find it even more and more that I'm trying to hold onto anything that means that Luke is still somewhat of a baby! Switching him around definitely means that's he's getting older and that makes me sad. I'm sure I'll get around to it soon, if not only for the purpose that Dylan outgrows the harness feature on his seat! It's been hard enough with Dylan starting school this year, and then just in the past week, he lost two more teeth! It gets hard watching these kids get older! And Dylan's birthday is just around the corner...
![]() |
| These indoor photos took some bribery |











Comments
Post a Comment