Made for 2nd grade
Dylan has been having a great year so far in Second grade! He's done well in school every year, but this year, it seems things are coming easier for him. In Kindergarten and First grade, there was so much to learn about-the basics like letters, how to write and read, the ins and outs of a school day, etc. He now is a superb reader, he reads way above his grade level, excels at math and problem solving, and really enjoys all parts of his school day. The thing he continues to complain about is homework. But he has less during the week this year than last year and I love his teacher for that!
Speaking of his teacher, he really lucked out this year! He has the best teacher. The night before school started, he and I went in for the classroom visit and meet-and-greet and I was so impressed with how her classroom was set-up and how much fun, crafty stuff she had. I appreciate anyone who loves crafting as much as I do! She also has been really great about corresponding with us parents at home and I always feel connected to what is going on at school. Dylan isn't the best at communicating with us about his days at school...
Dylan and I went to his parent-teacher conference yesterday and he had all rave reviews! He always has in the past as well so I'm just super glad he puts forth his best effort in the classroom. The thing I also love hearing about Dylan is how helpful he is to his teachers and classmates. And how much of a good example he is to his peers. One of my biggest goals in raising my kids is that they will be respectful to adults and others. You see and hear every day kids being disrespectful to adults and their parents. And I am so appalled when I see kids disrespecting the rules and their parents. Overall, our country is producing more and more kids who feel entitled and spoiled and parents are wanting to be their kids "friends" instead of their parents. You don't have to agree with me, but you aren't doing your kids any favors by raising them to be entitled, spoiled brats!! Okay, rant over...
Anyway, I'm super proud of this kid!! He's a super hard worker and just last week he came home from school and wanted to work on an extra-credit report just on his own. He logged on to the computer and looked up information on Leopards and wrote up a little report and had me print out a picture so he could color it and add it to his write-up. I hope he continues to have the drive to learn and strive to go above and beyond!
![]() |
| 2nd grade school photo |


Comments
Post a Comment