Luke's 4-year check-up
We're always a little late for his check-ups. One year I was behind and didn't schedule it until March and from now on, since I guess it has to be 1 year and a day after the previous one (I have no idea why), it will continue to be late.
After I scheduled his appointment and told him about it, his first reaction was, "I don't want to get a shot!" I knew that would be an issue. All week long I avoided talking about it again. This morning when I told him it was today, he freaked out. He was crying and weeping, "I don't want to go to the doctor and get a shot!"
I told him that shots weren't bad at all. Just a tiny poke and he probably wouldn't even feel it all that much. It didn't help. So then I resorted to bribery. "After you go to the doctor and do a good job, we can go and get frozen yogurt."
Sold. In the car on the way there, he kept talking about how shots were just tiny and we talked about being brave. He did a 180 and all of a sudden was talking about how excited he was to get a shot! Weirdo. He must really like frozen yogurt.
Stats:
He's tall. No surprise there. Everyone always comments about how he's super tall for a 4-year-old. Yep, he is.
Height: 44.5" (3'8.5")
Off the charts- >99%
Weight: 42 lbs
87%
He was a champ at his visit. Had his eyes checked (20/20), his hearing checked (he can hear perfecting fine, now listening is another story...) and everything is looking great developmentally!
He was actually asking when he was getting his shot. He had to get 2 and didn't make a peep when he got them. I told him he was so brave!
Afterwards, instead of frozen yogurt, he decided on a donut. We stopped to get him a chocolate sprinkle donut and that was that! I was very proud of him!
Comments
Post a Comment