Flag Football

 Dylan finished up his 3rd season playing Flag Football. This season, we decided to switch over to the Boy and Girls club instead of playing through I-9 Sports. His past 2 season were with I-9 and we had been less than impressed. We had been hesitant to try the Boys and Girls club Flag program because it was 2x/week practices plus a weekend game whereas the I-9 was practice and game all at the same time and on the weekend. 

But I think now that Dylan is a little older, it's good to have more practice time where they can actually have time to learn all the positions as well as plays. Dylan mostly played receiver this season and he got really good at catching passes and running plays. Joe helped coach which meant I was stuck supervising little trouble-maker and didn't get to watch a lot of the games since I would be with him at the park. But the parts of games I did get to watch were fun! The only downside to this season was the time it took between each play for the players to huddle up with the coaches and it made the game go by REALLY slowly. Not as much constant action compared to say, soccer. 

Great season, Ravens!





Hanging at the park NOT watching football
End-of-season party at Alfy's



Warming up before the first game

Dylan playing quarterback

At their last game (during the playoffs- they lost) Dylan had just caught this pass

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dylan turns 11!

Pumpkin Patch

Dylan is 9!